Appraisals for Trusts and Estates
When are appraisals needed?
Although we usually think of appraisals for estate taxes, date of death, actually many appraisals are needed for other purposes.
1. Sale to a relative
2. Partitioning an estate among the heirs or beneficiaries.
3. Sale to a non-relative
4. Prior to listing the home
5. Partial Interest
6. Alternate valuation date-estate tax purpose
7. Declining value after date of death
8. Family limited partnerships and other types of trusts
9. Living trusts
10. Financial Planning
11. Declining value property taxes